We are the association for Tour Guide-Interpreters.
All of the members hold the National Qualification.
For many years, we have helped many tourists enjoy their visits to Japan. We work mainly in the Kansai Region, including Kyoto, Nara, Osaka and Kobe. Our members are reliable, entertaining and professional with the proficiency in your language, as well as the knowledge and the expertise to bring your visit to life. Guiding services for Walking Tours, Coach Sight-seeing, Conferences and private groups, and tours by hired cars are available.
We are an association for Tour Guide-Interpreters. Our headquarters are in Osaka City.
A Tour Guide-Interpreter is a person with the national qualification authorized by the Japan Tourism Agency of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.
We offer not only Tour Guide-Interpreter services, but interpreter services, translator services and other language services.
The Kansai Interpreter & Guide Association aims at the prevalence of International Guide-Interpreter Business and International Friendship, in Japanese society.
In order to achieve this goal, the association promotes the following projects:
- The research, study and public relations concerning International Guide-Interpreter Business and International Friendship
- International Tourism Information to the association members
- Educational programs to promote members’ knowledge and skills on guiding
- Social activities to promote friendship among members and related parties
- Liaisons with language education institutions, various tourism organizations and universities
- Various projects deemed necessary for achieving the aim of the association
Kansai Interpreter & Guide Association
Founded: the 5th of March in the year 1995
(1st May 2009, Authorized as General Incorporated Association)
Regular Members: 150 (national license holders as of June 2013)
Languages offered: English, Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Korean, Portuguese, and Russian